A few days ago I came across a shelf in my school's workroom that had movies on it that were to be deleted from the school library system. One movie that caught my eye right away was Walt Disney's Bambi. I decided to take it home for Avrey to watch as I remembered just how much I enjoyed the story as a child.
When Avrey and I watched the movie she was very concerned when Bambi's mother died but she did not cry. I could tell she was thinking really hard about the situation and I wondered what was going on inside her little brain. She asked me why the hunters had to shoot Bambi's mom and I said that they were hunting for food. She told me "They should eat Doritos instead - I bet they taste way better and Bambi would still have a mom!"
Ever since that night, Avrey has been talking about the movie. Last night she was working very hard drawing on her magnadoodle. When she was finished she was very excited to explain to me the world that she created for Bambi.
She explained "Mom, in this world Bambi has a mom and a dad (he is the king). There is Bambi's friend Thumper the rabbit and Flower the skunk. There are trees, flowers, and birds. There is even a sun and clouds. Plus, there is the wild (instead of wise) old owl and his nest in the tree."
After Avrey explained all of that she looked at me and said "Now... can we walk to Fred Meyer and buy some Doritos for the hunters?"
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment